5/31/2011

Cream Cheese Cake w/ Chocolate Buttercream

Like I mentioned yesterday, in both of my posts, I use my new cream cheese cake recipe for way too many thing(I alsO made cake pOps..xD).....well I made this beutiful chocolate cake in classes yesterday, It was a little difficult at first because I was really esstresed, hungry and many more feelings (I swear it was a frustrating class), but anyway I finished it and got an average grade(nOt something that I like, bt hey yOu can`t always win)







Chocolate cream cheese cake


Ingredients: 






Dirtections:

  1. Bake the cake and let it cool completely.
  2. With a serrated knife cut the middle and fill it with dulce de leche
  3. Frost it w/ buttercream.
  4. Fill a pastry bag for decoration, with tips of your choice.
  5. In this ocassion I use: 
  • Tip 18: for the arch of the basquet and for the waves in the bottom.
  • Tip 47: For the basket pattern.
  • Tip 59-60 for the flowers. 

Chocolate buttercream 
Ingredients:
  • 4 sticks of unsalted butter
  • 2 oz of cocoa powder
  • 1 pound of confectioner's sugar(or more if yours becocmes too soft)
  • 8 oz of semi sweet chocolated melted.
Directions:
 
  1. In large bowl, cream butter with electric mixer
  2. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
  3. Add cocoa and mix a little
  4. Add melted chcolate
  5.  Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.  
  6. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Keep bowl covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use.
  7.  Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Rewhip before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment