For the cupcakes I decided to use a red velvet recipe and a simple buttercream for the frosting.
Red Velvet cupcakes
- Put 2 sticks of butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar.
- 1 tbs of light corn syrup
- Beat butter, milk and vanilla on low speed until well blended.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on medium for about 3 minutes.
- Add enough corn syrup to achieve desired consistency and beat about 2 minutes, adding more syrup as needed.(More syrup makes a more spreadable consistence)
- Divide the frosting and colored them with red, yellow and blue colorant.
- Frost cupcakes or pipe frosting on with a large piping tip.
- Add Sugar sprinkles and top with a soccer ball made of chocolate.