Anyway I knew I had to come out with something because I had to bring the cake to school next day fOr decOrating class. So I started modifying recipes for pound cake and the cake the chef gave ....and they came out great....:)
Here`s the recipe the cheff gave me :
- 3.5 cups of AP flour
- 1.5 cups of butter or margarine
- 6 oz of confectioner`s sugar
- 6 oz of cream cheese
- 6 eggs (yolks separeted)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 a tsp of salt
- 1.5 tbsp of baking poder
- 3 oz of milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- In a separete bowl cream the butter and confectioner's sugar. Gradually star adding yolks one at a time and at last the cream cheese
- In another bowl make a meringue with the egg whites and granulated sugar.
- When all of this together, star adding flour(combined with baking powder and salt), meringue, milk and vainila, alternating constantly.
- Bake in preheted oven at 350 for 40 min. (TOTAL LIEEE, mine was ther like 1.5 hours and was still uncooked and sinked)
MY Cream Cheese Cake
- 3 cups of flour
- 8 ox of cream cheese
- 1.5 cups of butter
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 1 tbs of vanilla
- 1.5 tbsp of baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 2 oz of milk
- In a bowl cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese when butter is already a little creamted. Gradually star adding eggs one at a time.
- When all of this together, star adding flour(combined with baking powder and salt), milk and vainila, alternating constantly.
- Bake in preheted oven at 350 for 1. 20 hours. the cake.
This cake was a hibrid between a pound cake and a cake, the only difference with the one with the cheff, was that her's was a little more moist, but nOt much. :)
Actually they both taste amazing, but the last one got me out of troubles.
With these recipe I made 3 different things that I will shOw yOu in next posts.