5/30/2011

Cream Cheese Cake....3 ways...

Well , latey I've been really depressed...and I dOn't know if thats even affecting my cooking because trust me ....I've been making some rooky mastakes lately....anyway yesterday that was the case....I try a cream cheese cakes recipe 2 and bOth timees was a complete fiascO...:(

Anyway I knew I had to come out with something because I had to bring the cake to school next day fOr decOrating class. So I started modifying recipes for pound cake and the cake the chef gave ....and they came out great....:)


Here`s the recipe the cheff gave me :

Cheff's Recipe


  • 3.5 cups of AP flour
  • 1.5 cups of butter or margarine 
  • 6 oz of confectioner`s sugar 
  • 6 oz of cream cheese
  • 6 eggs (yolks separeted)
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 a tsp of salt
  • 1.5 tbsp of baking poder
  • 3 oz of milk
  • 3/4 cup of sugar


Directions:

  1. In a separete bowl cream the butter and confectioner's sugar.  Gradually star adding yolks one at a time and at last the cream cheese
  2.  In another bowl make a meringue with the egg whites and granulated sugar. 
  3. When all of this together, star adding flour(combined with baking powder and salt), meringue, milk and vainila, alternating constantly. 
  4. Bake in preheted oven at 350 for 40 min. (TOTAL LIEEE, mine was ther like 1.5 hours and was still uncooked and sinked)

MY Cream Cheese Cake 

  • 3 cups of flour
  • 8 ox of cream cheese
  • 1.5 cups of butter
  • 2.5 cups of sugar
  • 1 tbs of vanilla
  • 1.5 tbsp of baking powder
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 oz of milk 

Directions: 
  1. In a  bowl cream the butter,  sugar and cream cheese when butter is already a little creamted. Gradually star adding eggs one at a time. 
  2. When all of this together, star adding flour(combined with baking powder and salt), milk and vainila, alternating constantly. 
  3. Bake in preheted oven at 350 for 1. 20 hours.  the cake. 

This cake was a hibrid between a pound cake and a cake, the only difference with the one with the cheff, was that her's was a little more moist, but nOt much. :) 

Actually they both taste amazing, but the last one got me out of troubles. 


With these recipe I made 3 different things that I will shOw yOu in next posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment