Dr. Pepper Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 c. Dr Pepper Soda (one can)
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 4 T cocoa powder (she suggest dark cocoa)
- 2 c. sugar, 2 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
1. In a pan, combine Dr Pepper, oil, butter, cocoa. Stir over medium heat. When it starts to simmer, turn off the stove. Make sure it is well mixed.
2. Add all the dry ingredients, but don't over mix (I took this a LITTLE too seriously and had a few flour flakes left, so....find a middle ground).
3. In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk and eggs, and then add it to the rest of the mix, and blend together.
4. Place these in cupcake liners. *You need to fill the liners almost completely full b/c this does not rise very much!!
5. Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes. Start checking at 13, you don't want to overcook them. (Add about five minutes if you are making a cake).
I decided to them with these for the simple fact that Dr. perpper is not too sweet so I could use these for the cake.
- 1 cup of butter of margarine or butter softened
- 1 lb of confectioner´s sugar (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (or 3oz of unsweetend chocolate squares melted)
- 1 tsp of clear vanilla
- Cream butter. Add cocoa and vanila( medium speed)
- Gradually add confectiner´s sugar 1 cup at a time
- Start adding milk until nice and fluffy looking
I actually use a little cups and cherries , with a little straw I ccut myself and put it all together.