6/28/2011

Dr. Pepper Cupcakes

wuhuujauuuua my cupcake craze is back...thank tO a trip to my local pricesmart (it`s a place in guatemala when I can buy some thing imported from the us..) and in this case I saw my favorite soda....dr. pepper...:) and I just knew I had to kick my anOrexiic ass and drink some :D that's I how I came up with the idea..... 






Dr. Pepper Cupcakes 


Ingredients: 



  •  1 1/2 c. Dr Pepper Soda (one can)
  •  1/2 c. vegetable oil
  •  1 stick of salted butter
  • 4 T cocoa powder (she suggest dark cocoa)
  • 2 c. sugar, 2 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  •  2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. buttermilk
Instructions:
1.  In a pan, combine Dr Pepper, oil, butter, cocoa.  Stir over medium heat.  When it starts to simmer, turn off the stove.  Make sure it is well mixed. 
2.  Add all the dry ingredients, but don't over mix (I took this a LITTLE too seriously and had a few flour flakes left, so....find a middle ground). 
3.  In a separate bowl, beat the buttermilk and eggs, and then add it to the rest of the mix, and blend together. 
4.  Place these in cupcake liners.  *You need to fill the liners almost completely full b/c this does not rise very much!!
5.  Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes.  Start checking at 13, you don't want to overcook them.  (Add about five minutes if you are making a cake). 





ChOcolate Buttercream 

I decided to them with these for the simple fact that Dr. perpper is not too sweet so I could use these for the cake. 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 cup of butter of margarine or butter softened
  • 1 lb of confectioner´s sugar (4 cups)
  • 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (or 3oz of unsweetend chocolate squares melted)
  • 1 tsp of clear vanilla
Directions: 
  1. Cream butter. Add cocoa and vanila( medium speed)
  2. Gradually add confectiner´s sugar 1 cup at a time
  3. Start adding milk until  nice and fluffy looking


Assembly 
I actually use a little cups and cherries , with a little straw I ccut myself and put it all together. 


2 comments:

  1. Danii-I really like the creativity of these and have copied the recipe. The hardest part, I think will be finding the dr pepper labels or cups. Glad I came across this-you are really making some neat things!I am now officially following this blog.
    Flourtrader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tina I'm really glad yOu like, let me tell yOu I live in Guatemala where everything is hard finding, even the dOctOr pepper's sO I printed the the logo from here http://www.eljinetepalido.es/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/dr-pepper-logo-2.jpg and printed it. and the cups are simple thermic disposable 4 oz glasses. :D

    ReplyDelete